A Word from Our President
Welcome to the Greater Cincinnati Human Resource Association's (GCHRA) website! GCHRA is a local chapter and recognized affiliate of the national Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM). Like peanut butter and jelly, national and local membership go hand-in-hand to provide HR practitioners with valuable ongoing education opportunities for members. For more information about SHRM, visit www.shrm.org.
GCHRA is recognized as a SHRM mega chapter, which means as a GCHRA member you are part of our team of more than 700 local professionals dedicated to improving our workplaces one day at a time. I am honored to lead such an amazing organization! Won't you join us? Please see the "Membership" section to get information on joining the largest SHRM chapter in the state. GCHRA is focused on three pillars for our members, as our consistent goal is to energize, educate, and connect about HR! Members are energized to be part of this organization; they are furthering their education through the many professional development opportunities, and they are connecting and building meaningful relationships!
Throughout the year the GCHRA Board is working towards providing the best services and resources for you. This website is just another example of how we plan to be the #1 source for HR and business professionals in the Greater Cincinnati area. As you go through the site you will find such resources as the *HR Net*, an informational community where professionals exchange questions and answers; our Resources page, which highlights a wide range of other HR resources on the Internet; and our Career Center, which allows you to post and apply for positions known throughout our organization.
GCHRA is consistently offering its members incredible programming to further continuous education. As a Preferred Provider of both SHRM and HRCI recertification credits, we are consistently planning and organizing our events months in advance. You can go to our Programs page to learn more. Get energized about your education and join us for an upcoming program, such as:
· Monthly Connect & Learn – GCHRA’s local SHRM Chapter meeting usually occurs on the second Thursday of every month at lunch.
· Monthly Legal Trends – GCHRA’s focus on hot legal topics usually occurs on the third Thursday of every month from 8 – 9 AM.
· Monthly Talent Acquisition Trends – GCHRA’s dedicated meeting for staffing and recruiting professionals usually occurs on the third Tuesday of every month from 8 – 9 AM.
· Quarterly HR How-To – GCHRA’s Professional Development Committee (PDC) offers a half-day deep dive into the practice and policy aspects of a hot legal topic. These usually coincide with a Connect & Learn meeting to provide attendees with more in-depth training into a substantive practical area. They are a great way to learn and connect!
· Semi-Annual Study Group – Usually offered by GCHRA in the spring and the fall, our local practitioners prepare attendees to pass the SHRM certification exam. Our members receive a significant discount off the standard rates. We’ve had terrific feedback and even better passing rates, so if you are not certified, sign up today!
· Ad Hoc Programming – Throughout the year, GCHRA hosts social events, networking opportunities, Job Shadow Days, Mentorship programs, and a variety of other ways to get involved in our local human resources community. Please reach out to any member of our terrific Board to find an opportunity that is right for you.
We are always excited about new volunteers, so if you are looking for a way to get more involved and build your connections, please reach out the GCHRA office, to the Membership Chair, or email me at GCHRApresident@gmail.com.
On behalf of the entire GCHRA Board, we hope that you find this site informative. As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions! Please feel free to contact me or any of our executive board members or committee chair board members.
I hope to see you at an upcoming GCHRA event. If we have not met, I would love to connect!
Julie R. Pugh, Esq., SHRM-CP, PHR
GCHRA President 2020