Also take a minute to meet our Executive Board Members.
Click here for the Membership page
▪ Recruit new members.
▪ Integrate, engage and retain members.
▪ Elevate awareness of GCHRA and SHRM membership.
SHRM Foundation & Hospitality Chair
Kathy Cox, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
Click here for the SHRM Foundation page
SHRM Foundation Responsibilities:
▪ Educate GCHRA members on the SHRM Foundation.
▪ Coordinate fundraising efforts for the SHRM Foundation throughout the year, including a member event as well as the Leadership campaign.
▪ Ensure GCHRA meets its SHRM Foundation contribution goal each calendar year.
▪ Assist in coordination of monthly membership meetings.
▪ Recruit sponsors to help defray speaker and meeting costs.
▪ Assist new members and provide networking opportunities.
▪ Work closely with the Vice President on programming needs.
Professional Development Chair
Jennifer Payne, SHRM-CP, PHR
Fameccanica North America
Click here for the PDC page
▪ Assist with planning and execution of GCHRA's How To programs and various other seminars, workshops, and publication of academic programs.
▪ Join the HRNet and ask and answer questions about hot HR topics!
▪ Participate as a coordinator and/or facilitator in the PHR/SPHR (HRCI) and SHRM certification study groups.
Governmental Affairs Chair
Chad Willits, J.D.
Reminger Co., LPA
▪ Communicate information of interest to the organization regarding government action or legal topics.
▪ Generate newsletter articles and work closely with National SHRM Advocacy members.
▪ Increase the Chapter profile with local, state, and federal government officials in order to communicate the GCHRA professional organization’s viewpoints on matters of significance.
College Relations Chair
Alison Strom, SHRM-CP
Taft Stettinius & Hollister, LLP
Click here for the College Relations page
▪ Act as a liaison between the Schools and GCHRA's Board, reporting issues of importance to the Board.
▪ Identify and communicate projects and guidelines to student chapters and their faculty advisors.
▪ Expand our active student chapter base and cultivate groups at other area universities.
Diversity & Inclusion Chair
Tara Burke, J.D.
Jackson Lewis LLP
▪ Oversee the design and implementation of a Diversity Plan for the Organization.
▪ Act as a resource by communicating information to the Membership, promoting diversity, and publicizing successful examples of diversity by member companies.
Nicole Roberts, SHRM-CP, PHR
▪ Assist in the publication of our monthly digital newsletter.
▪ Manage and contribute to our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
▪ Develop messaging as needed, consistent with the GCHRA brand.
▪ Contribute articles/blogs of topical interest to fellow HR practitioners!
▪ Prepare the slide deck for Connect & Learn's.
▪ Assist in keeping website up to date.
▪ Post program announcements to various channels.
Ed Volk, MBA-HR
Volk HR Consulting
Click here for our upcoming Programs
▪ Research and book programming for the GCHRA Connect & Learn meetings on a variety of HR topics and issues as determined by the needs of the membership.
▪ Schedule speakers that are inclusive of the needs of other GCHRA committees and GCHRA's strategic initiatives.
Talent Acquisition Trends Chair
Matt Baker, AIRS
▪ Provides education and training to GCHRA members on talent acquisition topics.
Business Partners Chair
Tom Johnson, SPHR
Click here for information on Partners and Sponsors
▪ This committee partners with other GCHRA committees and members as well as the Greater Cincinnati community to sell business partner sponsorship opportunities.
Workforce Readiness Chair
Julia Sweet, SHRM-CP, PHR, MHR, CIR
Custom Design Benefits
▪ To oversee programs designed to prepare students (K-12) to enter the workforce. Initiatives include the GCHRA Speakers Bureau and CHOICES.org.
We have opportunities available on all of our committees. You are welcome to contact any of our board members above.